> What if you were to share QDLS and mount it on your PC. Then use a
> Windows-based 'undelete' utility? Or a Linux alternative? Never tried,
> it, but may help.

I doubt it. Windoze-based (or DOS-based) undelete utilities work because
of the way directories are stored in DOS and Windoze, and the way files
are deleted on those platforms. On an AS/400, disk space across all
drives, as well as memory, are all controlled as "single-level store," and
even if the directory structure were amenable to a DOS-style undelete, the
file data would most likely be long-gone by the time anybody managed to
use such a utility.

Personally, to paraphrase something Tom Snyder once said on his "Tomorrow"
late-night TV talk show, I'd say your chances of a successful undelete are
five, and "Slim," "Fat," "Snowball-in-Hell" and an Asian fellow who goes
by the name, "The Chinaman," have all left the country.

--
JHHL