From: "James H H Lampert"

> Now if I considered twinax to be inherently junk, would I still be looking
> for a replacement for my blown 3487HC?

Sorry, just anticipating responses from others.  IIRC, you prefer to use a
real terminal over a PC client (emulator/telnet/CA).  Back in the day, I
wouldn't consider any non-IBM terminal to be worth a damn for extended use.
This is no exception.

> The specific model I saw advertised was "2488." Is that the same as you
> have experience with?
Yes

> No true underline? Like a PC text-mode emulator?
Yes

> What about 132-column? Are the colors reasonably close to what
> you see on a genuine IBM color twinax terminal?
132 yes.  Color accuracy ?  Sorry, don't have a color IBM to compare with.
It's not impressive.

> If it uses a PS/2-type keyboard, how do you get cent-sign, logical
> negation sign, divided and undivided vertical bars, and square brackets?
> Is the keyboard layout PC-style or 5250-enhanced-102-style?

Haven't tried.  It's just a backup console (not hooked up).  I believe it's
5250 enhanced (enter is right ctrl).