The 2757 controller can do parity sets of 3-18 drives.  At another job we
had one setup with 18 drives as the parity set, but our CE at the time
wasn't aware that it could be setup for capacity, performance, or balanced.
Now that I know there's a choice I want to make more of a decision on
it.... getting plenty of good feedback so far!

|---------+------------------------------->
|         |           "Carl Galgano"      |
|         |           <cgalgano2@ediconsul|
|         |           ting.com>           |
|         |           Sent by:            |
|         |           midrange-l-bounces@m|
|         |           idrange.com         |
|         |                               |
|         |                               |
|         |           04/20/2004 12:08 PM |
|         |           Please respond to   |
|         |           Midrange Systems    |
|         |           Technical Discussion|
|---------+------------------------------->

<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                          |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  RE: Parity Set Configuration Advice

Chad, I thought a raid set had to be at least 4 drives?  At least it used
be that way.  Has this changed?

Carl J. Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
600 Kennesaw Avenue, Suite 400
Marietta, GA  30060
(770) 422-2995 - voice
(419) 730-8212 - fax
mailto:cgalgano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ediconsulting.com
AS400 EDI, Networking, E-Commerce and Communications Consulting and
Implementation
http://www.icecreamovernight.com
Premium Ice Cream Brands shipped Overnight

Visit our website to subscribe to our FREE AS/400 Timesharing Service