Hey James

Thanks for checking on this. Here is what the -L parameter does on the iSeries:

*-L*
   Both symbolic links on the command line and symbolic links
   encountered in the tree traversal are followed. The file information
   and file type returned for each symbolic link is for the file
   referenced by the link. If the referenced file does not exist, the
   file information and type will be for the link itself.

As far as the number of jobs goes, the problem is the number of jobs that are started and that end during the lifetime of the original submitted job. There are no more than four jobs running simultaneously but there appears to be 1 child job spawned per file during the entire process. The job name is QP0ZSPWT. As a testament, the job number when I submitted it was: 262325 and right after it finished the job number was: 263001. That is a difference of 676 jobs. That is about how many files are in that directory. What do ya think? Am I outta luck?

Thanx, PLA