From: Jeff Crosby [mailto:jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 3:18 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Strange email sending problem

> Jeff, we had similar problems due to firewall issues.  Try
> CHGSMTPA (F4), page down to MAILROUTER and FIREWALL.  When
> you have a mailrouter defined, Firewall indicates that all
> mail should go through the defined route to bypass firewall
> issues.  If FIREWALL(*NO), then your as400 is trying to talk
> to the remote mailservers directly.

OK, now this might be promising.  Ours is MAILROUTER(*NONE) FIREWALL(*NO).
The path to the outside world is as follows:

iSeries --> Cisco 2621 Router --> Cisco 506e PIX --> Internet

The IP addresses are:

iSeries is 192.168.0.1

Cisco 2621 router Internal IP 192.168.0.250
                  External IP 192.168.10.2

Cisco 506 PIX     Internal IP 192.168.10.1
                  External IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Are you saying MAILROUTER should point to 192.168.0.250?  (192.168.0.250 is
already set up as the default route.)  Or is MAILROUTER supposed to point to
the PIX internal IP?  Or should it point to something outside the firewall?

And then FIREWALL should say what?  *YES or *NO?

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.

company.  Unless I say so.