Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

Vern Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
03/29/2004 10:31 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: OPS Navigator multiple file permissions

Serious question, Rob - are you going to submit a DCR on the OpsNav
problem
you describe? It is pervasive in OpsNav - it is one of the main complaints

I had from the start. I will rarely use the printed output window, espec.
to change output queue. The developers of OpsNav needed to look at the
Properties item in Windows Explorer when you have selected multiple files
-- the attributes that are common to all selected items are enabled, those

that have limited application are grayed out. This would not be hard - an
array of Booleans that contain the Enabled setting for all the check
boxes,
etc., would do the trick - do a logical and of the settings for each
object
type.

OTOH, the ablility to sort by various columns in printed output is very
handy, espec. for deleting spooled files.

BTW, grep means "Get Regular ExPression"

This is very sane, compared to a couple *NIX-ish things

ping => Packet INternet Groper
perl => Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish Lister (the favorite - there's a
boring one, too, I believe)

Of course, there is always GNU, which means "GNU's Not Unix" - a recursive
TLA.

If you will be submitting a DCR, let us know. If not, I might actually do
one myself and stop cursing the darkness.

Vern