In order to enforce a new business data integrity rule, I created a Logical
File with OMIT criteria and UNIQUE keyword.   Its maintenance is *IMMED.

I was surprised to find that a batch process adding records to this file did
not stop for operator intervention when this Logical File restriction failed.
 The database updated failed, but the joblog shows two errors:
       1) The severity 10 CPF5009 "Duplicate record key in member" message
which does not take a reply; and
       2) The severity 30 CPF5034 "Duplicate key on access path" message.

The CPF5034 message appears to be shipped for V5R2 with a default of "C -
Cancel."

The DSPMSGD help text implies that "autoreply" is triggered by the receiver
of the message, but I can't find documentation of how a job or a program turns
on autoreply.  Even a call to IBM support has not provided an answer.    I'm
probably looking under the wrong keyword.

Can someone point me to how autoreply vs. operator intervention is
determined?   Basically, I'd like this error to require operator intervention
in certain
jobs.   We have other, similar cases as well.

TIA,
--Chapin Kaynor
    Vermont