Mine does the same thing as yours, Art, but I tried to get a V5R2 group PTF.

However, I think it is some kind of networking issue in my company's
network, not with IBM. I am on a VPN connection now so there is lots of
address translation going on, and I am wondering if this is what is causing
my problem. However I did read through the IBM help screen and I believe I
meet all the prereqs for both server and client. Still, I suspect something
in our network is not allowing the iSeries to communicate back to my PC.

I don't really know how iPTF works - i.e. what talks to what in what
sequence, in order to figure it out. But I can see lots of TCP/IP timeouts
on QSYSOPR from QYPSJSVR going to an address that is the DNS-resolved addr
for my PC's host name but is not the virtual addr assigned to my VPN
connection. Without going into too much detail, I suspect that the way iPTF
works is not compatible with the way I am connected to our corporate
network.

I used iPTF before, but not since it has been "fix central", and not sure if
I ever used it before when connected via VPN like I am today.

-Marty

------------------------------

date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:04:57 -0500
from: "Art Tostaine, Jr." <midrange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: IBM Fix Central Broken?

Anne:

Start here:

http://www-912.ibm.com/eserver/support/fixes/fcgui.jsp

Then I select Iseries, OS/400, V5R1, etc.

I sign in, then select the PTF's I want.

Then I enter my system name, user id, password, and I sit there forever.

I left it running for over an hour, and it stayed in the same spot.

The fact that Rob got his PTF though makes me wonder if I don't have a
problem.  I used to be able to do this.

Art Tostaine, Jr.
CCA, Inc.
Jackson, NJ 08527