Dave Odom wrote:

> I'm trying to pass some indicator actions, in this case F3 and F12,
> from an RPG program which has been called by a CL program, back to the
> CL program so I can take appropriate action there.  What's the
> appropriate code in both environments?   Inside the CL program I'm doing
> the following:
>
> PGM        PARM(&USER)
> DCL        VAR(&USER) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
> DCL        VAR(&RTNCDE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1)   */
> DCL        VAR(&RTNCD) TYPE(*DEC) LEN(5 0)   */
> DCL        VAR(&RECS) TYPE(*DEC) LEN(10 0)
> DCL        VAR(&INKC)     TYPE(*LGL)  LEN(1)
> DCL        VAR(&INKL)     TYPE(*LGL)  LEN(1)
>
>             Other logic
>
> CALL       PGM(HTEUSRTEST/CRWESTUN) PARM(&INKC &INKL)
>
> IF         COND(&INKL) THEN(DO)
>  GOTO       CMDLBL(ENDPGM)
>
>               the rest of the program

The RPG program would receive two parameters, defined as either 1-byte
character or indicator.  If you want the CL program to get the values of
the RPG *IN03 and *IN10, then your RPG code should assign *in03 to parm1
and *in12 to parm2 before it returns.  (Or maybe *INKC and *INKL)

Something like this:

c *entry plist
c        parm        parm1     1
c        parm        parm2     1
c        eval    parm1 = *in03
c        eval    parm2 = *in12
c        return

And if you want the RPG program to use the input values of the parms for
its indicators, code something like this at the beginning of the
program:

c        eval    *in03 = parm1
c        eval    *in12 = parm2

Or you could code the parm opcodes like this, and skip the assignments:
c *entry plist
c *in03  parm *in03  parm1     1
c *in12  parm *in12  parm1     1