Yes...you can do it that way...or, you could take the contents of the
file and put it into an array or data structure. HAve a basing pointer
that points to the data structure, like this:

D MyArr     S        80    Dim(100)
D MyPtr     S           *  Based(MyArr)

So now MyPtr is a pointer that points to the MyArr array. When you do
your call to MQPUT, reference MyPtr like this:

C                   CallP     MQPut(HConn   :
C                                   HOutObj :
C                                   MQMd    :
C                                   MQPmo   :
C                                   BufLen  :
C                                   MyPtr   :
C                                   CCode   :
C                                   Reason)

Ad do it in RPG/IV, not RPG/400.