SOP is that if you compile them to run at an earlier release they will run
at that earlier release.  However, any new feature that used in a program
that is V5R3 specific will cause the compile to fail if compiled for a
previous release.  SOP is also that you can only compile down to release -
(1 or 2).  Don't know if V5R3 is any different, but that's the way the SOP
has been.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

Vern Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: midrange-l-bounces+rob=dekko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/17/2004 08:27 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Scoop on v5r3 CL enhancements

And a big TeeHee right back atcha!

But a question arises - can programs created at V5R3 run at earlier
releases (I suppose back to V5R1)? Probably not, but it'd be cool if they
could.

Vern