Bryan

Many thanks for your help

Bryan Dietz wrote:

You should not have any problems moving the user profiles from v3r7 to the
v4r5 box.

That is good news

Remember to do that BEFORE you restore any data. to keep
authorities straight.

Certainly

While restoring becareful with qgpl and Qusrsys. don't restore the whole
library(bad things can happen and ruin your while day).

I am not sure that I have anything in these that I need to keep but have yet to check

You will need to read the "memo to users" for version V4R1, V4R2, V4R3 and V4R4 to get all the changes between versions.

I don't have these. Do you know if they are available on line?

http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/Redbooks.nsf/9445fa5b416f6e32852569ae006bb65f/71a9aafc8b1ed4c38525659d002a5781?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,cool

and the rest of the books with "cool":
http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/searchsite.cgi?query=cool

Many thanks for the links

----------------------------
Bryan Dietz
===========================
I am about to transfer a complete operating envoironment from a machine
with V3R7 to one with V4R5 already installed.  Transferring programs,
data etc., should not be a problem, but is there any way of moving user
profiles, etc.?  I fear that this can only be done via an intermediate
release.  Whilst there are not too many users or devices to re-enter if
necessary, it would clearly be better if I could transfer  them together
with passwords.

Also, can someone kindly point me to a URL which lists the main
differences between V4R5 and V3R7 (going via V4R1 if necessary)?

Are there any major points about V4R5 of which I should be aware?

Lastly, can someone please remind me of the title of the Red Book that
replaced "Cool Guide to the Internet"?

Thanks for any help

Rob Dixon