My terminal died this morning. Twelve years old, and it had been in the
shop exactly once. The logic unit, keyboard, mouse, and auto-terminator
seem fine, but a slight pop, a blue flash, and the screen is toast.

I think the high voltage probably went bad, as it had been showing signs
that it was slowly dying for a few months now.

I'm now limping along on the 3477-FA out of the cage, but I want color, I
want mouse support (I don't use it very often, but it's damn useful at
times), and I want to be able to have two logical display sessions and a
logical printer session at the same time! Besides, with no terminal in the
cage, backups and IPLs can be a bit inconvenient.

Probably best to respond privately, to keep this off the list.

--
JHHL

jamesl@xxxxxxxxxxx