   To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrang= e-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
   From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
   Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@= midrange.com
   Date: 02/25/2004 01:58PM
   Subject: Re: 24 x 80 is too sma= ll.

   I don't think this is what he = was saying,  GUI vs. green screen.  I
   think
   he was saying tha= t, instead of shoving more data on the screen perhaps
   you
   should redesi= gn your screen.

   Group Dekko Services, LLC
   D= ept 01.073
   PO Box 2000
   Dock 108
   6928N 400E
   Kendallville, IN 467= 55
   http://www.dekko.com<= /a>

   "James H H Lampert" <jamesl@xxxxxxxxxxx> <= BR>Sent by:
   midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   02/25/2004 11:57 AM
   Pleas= e respond to
   Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@midran= ge.com>

   <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
   cc

   Fa= x to

   Subject
   Re: 24 x 80 is too small.

   <BR= >> Sticking to a philosophy of "there is room on the screen, stick a
   fie= ld
   > on it" will keep us in the green ages.

   You talk like ther= e's something WRONG with Twinax. Like a "slick" GUI
   screen is somehow in= herently better than a text-based one that does the
   same job with less (= and cheaper) hardware. Like there's no real
   difference
   between a 3487-HC= (color, 132 columns, mouse support) and some dreadful
   old 5251.

   = --
   JHHL

   Before posting, please take a moment to review t= he archives

   This is the Mi= drange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing
   list
   To post a = message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   To subscribe, unsubscribe, or cha= nge list options,
   visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinf= o/midrange-l
   Before pos= ting, please take a moment to review the archives
   at http://archive.midrange.com/= midrange-l.