> No problems. Why give up on twinax if the equipment works? If it ain't
> broke, don't fix it.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Of course, whether twinax is
something that needs to be "fixed" depends entirely on what you're hooking
up.

I have a 3487 on my desk that's got a 4-way twinax switch, and 4 strands
of twinax cable going to 4 different AS/400s. At the time I put in the
wiring, I really didn't expect to need any more than two, but if I had it
to do all over again, I'd have put at least 6 to 8 strands of twinax in
the wall, between my office and the cage, because it only took a few
months to need 3 strands, and only a few years after that to need all 4.
On the other hand, with ethernet, I can access every 400 we have with
ethernet, along with a few customer 400s, and the web, through a single
strand of Cat5 that's lighter than any twinax cable, and the only reason I
still have a terminal is because for my needs, a real 3487 is better than
any emulator.

--
JHHL