Awesome Jim - thanks so much; I will DEFINITELY look into that !

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces+clewis=iquest.net@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces+clewis=iquest.net@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
JOberholtzer@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 2:36 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Tape Conversion

<snip>
So my question is, is does anyone know of a service out there that could
convert 8mm tapes to 3581 cartridges ?
</snip?

Chuck, I know I'm a bit late answering this, and I am glad the 7208 is
working.  Having said that, if you have BRMS on the 810, (Remember you can
"try it" for 70 days) BRMS will do a direct copy from the 8mm to the 3581
and append the LTO tapes.  The only requirement is you have to add the 8mm
tape to BRMS so it can copy it.

Now you have all the legacy stuff on one tape type and potentially one vs.
lots of tapes.

Of course once you have tried BRMS, you will want to keep it.  It does make
life very simple for back up and restore.

Jim Oberholtzer
Senior Solutions Architect
Computech Resources, Inc.
IBM Certified Expert iSeries Solutions.