> Does anyone know how to make the Field+ or Field Exit keys repeat in the
>  iSeries Access 5250 emulator? (V5R2 current Service Pack on W2K Pro)
>
> It's not hardware stuff because I can map either of the functions to a
> key that repeats and the field keys don't repeat. I have a customer who
> just switched of Bosanova to iSeries Access and he misses his repeating
> Field+ key!

I just did some checking myself. It doesn't repeat on a real 3487 (nor,
most likely, on any other real twinax terminal), but it does repeat on the
emulator we supply in ThinView and Wintouch.

No, for once, I'm not saying this to plug my own handiwork; just an
observation. I suspect that, just as I never noticed that field exit
wasn't "supposed" to repeat, neither did the folks at BOS.

Is there some reason why they can't just go back to BOSaNOVA? While I
haven't tried it myself (I've tried RUMBA [butt-ugly, especially if you
choose their idea of a graphic status line], WSF [at least it had an
excuse for being butt-ugly], WRQ Reflection [a thing of beauty, almost as
elegant as our emulator], and Netsoft's 5250 emulator [also aesthetically
pleasing, but whose name escapes me]), and I vaguely recall BOS ignoring
an offer from me, many years ago, to help them debug a problem with "Read
Input Fields" protocol support, I've otherwise heard nothing but good
things about BOSaNOVA.

On the other hand, everything I've ever heard about CA supports my
suspicions about it being overpriced bloatware that nobody'd buy if IBM
weren't making it the only way to acccess half the latest OS/400
enhancements.

--
JHHL