From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Carl Galgano
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 7:58 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: FTP Receive Question

Hi Brian:
I would go ahead and use the IFS, and as suggested, use the CPYFRMSTMF or
CPYFROMIMPF command.  If you go to our website (URL below), click the link
for DOWNLOADS, there is a free AS400 utility that will do a DIR command to
an outfile.  The you can simply read the outfile in a loop and execute the
CPYFRMSTMF command.  We have lot of EDI customers that FTP files to us, into
the IFS and we use this technique.  Then you don't have to worry about the
files being the proper names, etc.  If they send 3 files, you do a CPYTOSTMF
command into a single PF, and then process the single file.  Really a pretty
decent solution.
cjg

Carl J. Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
600 Kennesaw Avenue, Suite 400
Marietta, GA  30060
(770) 422-2995 - voice
(419) 730-8212 - fax
mailto:cgalgano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ediconsulting.com
AS400 EDI, Networking, E-Commerce and Communications Consulting and
Implementation
http://www.icecreamovernight.com
Premium Ice Cream Brands shipped Overnight

Visit our website to subscribe to our FREE AS/400 Timesharing Service