Jeff,

This used to be a 391 but it fried and was replaced by a 420. Connected to a HP 500x

CRTDEVPRT DEVD(PRT0250B) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) +

LANATTACH(*USRDFN) PORT(9101) ATTACH(*DIRECT) FONT(11 +

*NONE) FORMFEED(*CONT) INACTTMR(*SEC15) +

TRANSFORM(*YES) MFRTYPMDL(*EPFX870) PPRSRC1(*CONT80) +

ASCII899(*NO) IMGCFG(*NONE) RMTLOCNAME('10.0.0.250') +

USRDRVPGM(PRTDRVXT/TSPLPRD)

It does respond to all the CPI/LPI commands although not always exactly on the small ones. I can't remember which but one of the CPI (17.5?) ends up even smaller because the printer doesn't have it.

Two keys are the emulation mode the printer itself is set to and the USRDRVPGM. TSPLPRD is a C program that comes with the new mini QUSRTOOLS. It makes the Page Range and other Device only features work. TRANSFORM isn't needed if you are just doing text.

Roger Vicker, CCP