Just to help clarify this....:-)

What I'm doing is issuing the Telnet command from within a CL program
(called by another application program).  The user is telnetted (is that
a word?) to the remote system and they are automatically logged on.
There's a lot of other things going on as well that keeps the user from
seeing a command line (among other things) on the remote system.
Also..the user does not have command line access on their home system
either.

The problem is that when the user presses the Attention Key on the
telnet session (one as/400 to another as/400 remember...) they see that
Attention Control menu, which, among other things, gives them a command
line on their home system.  And it is this last which is unnacceptable
as it opens a hole in what is otherwise part of a relatively good
security practice.

So...the long and the short of it is that I care less about the fact
that that particular menu is there and more about the fact that that
menu contains a command line.  It is this that I want to somehow avoid
presenting to the user, and that's what I was trying to do by avoiding
showing that telnet menu altogether.

It's times like these that I really miss the early days of my career
when the biggest technical problem I faced was how to build a subfile...

Shannon O'Donnell