That sounds just like my model 150 Ops Console a few years ago. We did
everything by the book but the thing just didn't work well. Doesn't sound
like much progress has been made on the version that uses the serial cable.

I hope the LAN console works better because that is the way I am leaning.

Thanks for your response.

-Marty

------------------------------

date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:16:34 -0500
from: "Himes, Jay" <jehimes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: V5R2 Console Recommendations

Ops console certainly has some great benefits (remote access is the best one
IMO); but I wish we had purchased a twinax card for our 825.

For what ever reason ops console stops being able to connect and an IPL is
required to recover the console.

Generally any time we need a console we have to IPL first. Fortunately there
are not many times we need a console and it has never died during a delicate
operation.

The machine we use meets the specs set forth and we keep it current on CA
Service packs; so I am not sure what the issue is. One that we have noticed
is if the PC goes down for any reason with out being disconnected first we
cannot connect again; however, this doesn't happen very often.