Art,

Check for the message id:

CPF9162 - Message . . . . :   Cannot establish DDM connection with remote
system.
Cause . . . . . :   An error occurred during distributed data management
(DDM)
  initialization while attempting to establish a DDM connection at the
remote
  location CICS507 with the remote system. Recovery  . . . :   See
previously
  listed message CPF4333. Correct the errors and then try the request again.

  If message CPD3E34 is listed, see the message listed before it for meaning

  of error code. If the remote location listed is *N, see the previously

  listed messages in the job log for the cause of the DRDA/DDM TCP/IP

  communications error.

following this error the errors below also come up:

CPF5739 - Message . . . . :   Cannot assign or release DDM file(s).

Cause . . . . . :   This system or the target Distributed Data Management

  (DDM) system detected a condition that caused the assign or release
request
  to fail. Recovery  . . . :   See the previous messages in the system log
  analyze the conditions that caused the failure. Make the needed
corrections,
  and then try the request again.

CPF2813 - Message . . . . :   File TL2ITR in CSTLX not available.

Cause . . . . . :   The specified file cannot be used.  Another job, or

  another thread within this job, may be using the file.  If the file is a

  distributed data management (DDM) file, a data communications error

  occurred. Recovery  . . . :   See the previously listed messages.  Either

  wait until the file is available or correct the errors.  Then try the

  request again. Technical description . . . . . . . . :   The Work with

  Object Locks command (WRKOBJLCK) can be used to help determine which job
or
  thread is using the file.

CPF2817 - Message . . . . :   Copy command ended because of error.

Cause . . . . . :   An error occurred while the file was being copied.

  Recovery  . . . :   See the messages previously listed.  Correct the
errors,

hth

Steve