Australia
Phone: +61 2 9844 0386
Fax: +61 2 9844 0333

A division of Kaz Group Limited - visit our website at www.kaz.com.au

date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:26:29 -0500
from: "David A Parnin" <daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Mystery job

Greetings all,

In the course of deleting the user profile of a former member of our MIS
department, changing the objects he owned, etc. I came across a scheduled
job with the job name QSECIDL1 that runs the following command:

QSYS/CALL PGM(QSYS/QSECIDL2) PARM('042')

There is no text description for QSECIDL2 and no source on the system.
Something that I read in the archives led me to believe that this is part
of the system security tools but I'm not sure exactly what.  It runs every
night but since nobody seems to know what it is we're not sure what good
it's doing or what harm may come if it doesn't run.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Dave Parnin
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571
daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx