Philipp,

I had this problem at V4R5 also. Tracked it down to PCs using the AS400 as a print server.

It was mostly XP that had a block or packet problems that even though they weren't actively printing made the AS400 think they were continuously (every few minutes) opening a new connection without closing the previous one. This causes QNPSERVS jobs to spawn like crazy.

When you shutdown *NETSVR it closes all the connections and ends the jobs. There was a PTF for V5R1 and we moved to it before I found if they ever issued one for V4R5.

Roger Vicker, CCP