I was wondering.

Is it possible for an individual shop to retire the QSECOFR
ID and never, ever use it again?  The idea goes something
like this.

1.      Duplicate the QSECOFR ID and Call the new one
ZSECOFR.  Use ZSECOFR (or other functional equivalents) for
all administration features that require enhanced authority.
2.      Have someone like the CEO change the QSECOFR
password and put the password in a safe so that it is never
used.

If you did that, what functions would you ever need to open
the safe for?  So far I can think of only two.

1.      If all of your other *ALLOBJ profiles were disabled
and you could only reset them with QSECOFR (not likely, but
possible)
2.      If some stupid software vendor hard-codes into their
product that you must use "QSECOFR" to install or change
something (It happens, but still, this should be a rare
event.  And with the right software vendors, it may never
happen).

Am I missing any others?  Is there something obvious that I
am overlooking?

Your thoughts on the topic are kindly appreciated.

jte

--

John Earl | Chief Technology Officer
The PowerTech Group

19426 68th Ave. S
Seattle, WA 98032
(253) 872-7788 ext. 302
john.earl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 <http://www.powertech.com> www.powertech.com

This email message and any attachments are intended only for
the use of the intended recipients and may contain
information that is privileged and confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution,
or copying is strictly prohibited. If you received this
email message in error, please immediately notify the sender
by replying to this email message, or by telephone, and
delete the message from your email system.