There is really no way for us to answer your question with the information
available.  Your system might be running in a variety of codepages and only
you can know which one you are using.  For instance there are many locales
available based on ISO "ASCII" standards.  If we look at "ASCII" x'F0' for
the following ASCII code pages we find that the character used is:

Code page 813 x'F0' is Greek small letter pi
Code page 819 x'F0' is Latin small letter eth
Code page 912 x'F0' is Latin small letter d with stroke
Code page 915 x'F0' is Cyrillic numero sign

Which character do you "want" for x'F0'?

On PCs running Windows there are similiar considerations.  Again using
x'F0':

Code page 1250 x'F0' is Latin small letter d with stroke
Code page 1251 x'F0' is Cyrillic small letter er
Code page 1252 x'F0' is Latin small letter eth
Code page 1257 x'F0' is Latin small letter s with caron

and going further back in time Code page 850 x'F0' is soft hyphen.

All of the above are "ASCII" and as you can see all are quite different.

For your target code page/CCSID the same questions apply as EBCDIC has
similiar considerations.  For instance pi is available in CCSID 423 (at
x'AD') and Cyrillic numero in CCSID 880 (at x'58') but neither exist in
CCSID 37 (though small letter eth does at x'8C').

And of course both systems could use UTF-8 (which is sometimes viewed as an
"ASCII" encoding) which would allow all of the above to be used...

Bruce

                      "Lim Hock-Chai"

                      <Lim.Hock-Chai@arch.        To:       "Midrange Systems
Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      com>                        cc:

                      Sent by:                    Subject:  RE: ASCIIi to
EBCDIC
                      midrange-l-bounces@m

                      idrange.com

                      02/05/2004 08:19 AM

                      Please respond to

                      Midrange Systems

                      Technical Discussion

I need to covert ASCII data that send from RS6000 to the AS400 thru socket
to EBCDIC.

Anybody happen to know what code page number should I use?