COMMON is going to press with advertising that talks about V5R3.  IBMrs
have been talking about V5R3 in public now for at least a couple of months.
What they have not been discussing is functionality.  I think you can
safely say the word is out, its V5R3 and it will be announced by COMMON in
May.  Since the announce date and COMMON are so close, the first/best place
to learn about the feature/function of V5R3 will be COMMON.  I don't know
if IBM has any plans for the traditional road shows.

Aside from the V5R3 stuff at COMMON, don't forget there will be a major
focus area on Linux!  There will be a Sunday all day hands on seminar (with
a break for lunch and opening session), several traditional labs, and north
of 25 sessions just to bring your knowledge of Linux up to speed.  We have
sourced speakers that are not traditional iSeries speakers to talk Linux,
and IBM has really stepped up the plate with enormous support.

Regarding registration, I think the site is up and running, and you can
register for the Sunday all day seminar at no extra charge over the normal
conference fee.  Seating is limited (due to the size of the lab) so sign up
quickly to reserve your spot.

Jim Oberholtzer
COMMON Volunteer
Conference Education Team