-----Original Message-----
From: trevor perry

Nathan,

It seems you have confused terms here.
Paging is not "a useless activity". If you need database records, they must
be paged into memory. How is that a useless activity?

Adjusting the timeslices down has meant that time spent on wasted timeslice
activity (yes, it happens) has been reduced and the system performs better.
Autotuning is not to make similar classes of jobs have equity, but ALL jobs
across the system be treated according to the prescribed authorities.