After well over a year watching day time television and Resume printing,
I've had a phone call from a 'friend of a friend' who wants my AS/400
skills.  They have a model 170 on V5R2, and they are putting some JAVA
applications on it.  Trouble is, they are not happy with the
performance, and I'm not happy with my knowledge of Java.  All I want to
know, is this a simple(?) performance tuning mission, or would the
configuration of AS/400 always struggle with JAVA?  At this stage I know
very little of what the applications are supposed to do, and know too
little about JAVA to ask the 'right' questions.
With apologies to those of you who believe this should be on the JAVA400
list, but at this stage I don't think it would be worth me joining the
list.

Steven Donnellan