Trevor, I don't know about what is really the truth these days - too many IBM docs get outdated very quiclky. But this one referred to the RISC version of SS1, so it'd be after any F70, right?

The odd thing to me is that no job runs longer than the internal time slice, but the activity level is held for it until the end of its external time slice value, or a long wait.

I think that activity levels should not be so low as before - that count includes any threads started on behalf of "real" jobs, so it needs to be higher in some cases. I assume that having transition rates of W-I as 10% of A-W on a busy system is still desirable? (I may be wrong on the details here - check the Work Mgmt book)

Just thinking - not enough to do. NOT!

Vern