From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pete Helgren
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 12:20 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Anyone ever had an iSeries stolen?

Just an update on where I am in this process:

Turns out there *is* a way to track a stolen iSeries so if it actually does
get sold to someone who puts it on maintenance or contacts IBM about it, it
will show up as stolen.

I was musing about how awesome the iSeries community is.  The numerous
offers, off list, to temporarily host us. Laura Green who is iSeries
Developer Lease & Discount Coordinator, has been checking in daily to see if
she can help in expediting a replacement.  I got an off-list e-mail from
Anne Lucas, iSeries Retention Program Manager & Customer Relationships,
checking in to see what she could do.

If this had been a Sun, or HP, or a (heavens no!) Dell box, I wouldn't have
gotten the time of day unless I was interested in forking out cash for the
new box first.  Laura and Anne have been interested in helping my business
get going again, not just selling or leasing another iSeries.  Everyone,
from my IBM contacts to you folks on the Midrange list, have been very
helpful.

Very cool to be part of this community.  Even after 18 years of midrange
experiences, I still have pleasant surprises. Can't say that about any other
company on the planet.

Pete Helgren
Value Added Software, Inc.