You better hope they didn't change your customer number. We've gone through
4 upgrades in the past 8 years with the same customer/serial number. I
tried to use the web interface to download a PTF and it told me that it
wasn't available. After some research, I was told that we didn't have a
support contract. Bull, I knew we did so after so further research, they
changed our customer number. No rhyme or reason. They just changed it. Go
figure. My boss said 'CHANGE IT BACK, NOW! ! !' Not sure how this one will
turn out.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

|---------+------------------------------->
|         |           "Jeff Crosby"       |
|         |           <jlcrosby@dilgardfoo|
|         |           ds.com>             |
|         |           Sent by:            |
|         |           midrange-l-bounces@m|
|         |           idrange.com         |
|         |                               |
|         |                               |
|         |           01/26/2004 03:39 PM |
|         |           Please respond to   |
|         |           Midrange Systems    |
|         |           Technical Discussion|
|         |                               |
|---------+------------------------------->

<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                          |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  Supportline

I opened a call with Supportline today regarding my inability to record
macros in iSeries Access for Windows.  Here is my experience.

Dialed 800-IBM-SERV, option 2 for software like I'm supposed to.  At this
point the 'system' started taking the options for me.  I ended up in the PC
hardware support area.  Needless to say the guy had no clue what an iSeries
was.  Asked me repeatedly, Netfinity?  Intellisomething-or-other?  Over and
over.  Finally asked for the 4-digit product number.  Gave him 9406.  After
a few minutes he decided that was an AS/400 and I was in the wrong area.
No
&@#* Sherlock!  I already told you that! <g>

After being place on hold for 10 minutes he came back and told me to dial
800-237-5511.  I informed him this was the old software support number and
it wouldn't work because it would just take me to the 800-IBM-SERV number.
On hold again.  Came back with 800-426-7834, opt 70.

Called that.  This is PC area too.  After another 10 minutes or so, I
finally got to the correct area to start a new call.  For the product I
told
her iSeries Access for Windows.  She couldn't find it.  Could only find
iSeries Access for Web.  On a hunch, I said try Client Access Express.
Whoa!  There it is (How long ago did IBM change the name on that?  6
months?).  Gave me a PMR# and transferred me.  No one came to the line so I
finally pressed 1 to leave a message.  Never had to do that before.

All told, it took 45 minutes.  Still waiting on callback.

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.

company.  Unless I say so.