Management Central used port 5555, and 5566 for SSL, according to the
document at
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/acc12fda96496e4b8625668f007ab75f

When I check with NETSTAT *CNN I see something listening on port 5555, but
not 5566:
                       Work with TCP/IP Connection Status
                                                             System:
 Type options, press Enter.
   3=Enable debug   4=End   5=Display details   6=Disable debug
   8=Display jobs

      Remote           Remote  Local
 Opt  Address           Port    Port  Idle Time  State
      *                     *    448  000:38:17  Listen
      *                     *    449  000:03:39  Listen
      *                     *    992  000:03:35  Listen
      *                     *   5039  000:37:51  *UDP
      *                     *   5544  000:38:02  Listen
      *                     *   5555  000:38:07  Listen
      *                     *   8470  000:38:16  Listen

I see something listening on all the other SSL ports (449, 992, 9470-9476)
- but nothing for the Management Central SSL port.  I have searched for
about 2 hours now but can find nothing explaining how to start the SSL
port for MGTC.  Yes, it is listed in WRKSRVTBLE:
                        Work with Service Table Entries
                                                             System:
 Type options, press Enter.
   1=Add   4=Remove   5=Display

 Opt  Service                                  Port  Protocol

      as-mgtctrl                               5555  tcp
      as-mgtctrl-cs                            5577  tcp
      as-mgtctrl-ss                            5566  tcp
      as-mgtctrlj                              5544  tcp

Anyone have any ideas why I can't get anything listening on port 5566 ?

Note that I have the same problem on a system at V4R5M0 with cumulative
PTF level C2169450 and a system at V5R2M0 with cumulative PTF level
C3364520.

...Neil