Dave -

Are you saying that you cannot restore your system from your "regular"
backups?  If so then you should not only do a system backup, you should
update your backup strategy.

If your RCLSTG "craps out in the middle" you will need to either rerun it
and hope it runs to completion, or restore the LIC and O/S and then rerun
the RCLSTG.

Some will argue with me, but I prefer to run a RCLSTG before every O/S
upgrade.  It seems like a small thing compared to the alternative of having
to restore to the previous O/S level, run the RCLSTG and then do the upgrade
all over again.

DSPDTAARA DTAARA(QRCLSTG) will show the date of the last RCLSTG and how long
it took.  If your system is essentially the same it should take about the
same amount of time. (primarily the number and size of objects on the
system)

* RCLSTG addresses each object and then validates the headers and pointers
for that object.
* Finds orphaned objects.
* Corrects, where possible, objects that were incompletely updated (such as
database files, libraries, device descriptions, directories and stream
files) and user profiles containing incorrectly recorded object ownership
information.
* Deletes any unusable objects or fragments.

A RCLSTG does not do a RCLDLO.

See:
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/3cdf5d853ca698198625680b00020369/93
73303619fb4b89862565c2007d4bcf?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,rclstg

Regards,

Scott Ingvaldson
AS/400 System Administrator
GuideOne Insurance Group