> From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
>
> Then again, perhaps the ability to list out a directory is not a
"mission
> critical" application.  And you should relax your criteria on that.

I didn't say listing a directory was mission critical.  It was a
different discussion.  Pete was talking about Open Source, and I was
saying that Open Source is good for some things and perhaps not so good
for others.  But thanks for your input.

> Have you ever modified your own software that has become mission
critical?
>  Who do you call if that goes belly up?

As a software vendor, I always write mission critical software, Rob.
And I'm one of the few people whom I trust to write it, because I know I
can fix it if it breaks.  And my clients feel the same way.

Joe