In the Lawson case, it sounds like the batch jobs are performing a useful
function. They are not idle, they are waiting for the next task. They
should be left alone. Your customer would be in a stronger position to
defend them if you could identify what function each job is performing. As
for the company policy itself, I suspect it's either being defined or
communicated poorly. I would expect terminating idle jobs applies only to
interactive sessions going unattended, which constitutes a security risk.

For the Baan case, you've got a porfolio of options from the others about
how to address that.

Good luck with both.

"trevor perry" <trevorp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
01/15/2004 11:40 AM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion