        From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Scott Klement
        Sent: Thu 1/15/2004 4:44 PM
        To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: VeriSign GSID Intermediate Root CA certs

        One of my SSL applications is failing because the CA certificate that
the
        peer uses is expired.   The peer is using a Verisign Class 3 CA.

        Looking in my Digital Certificate Manager, I see that the "Verisign
Class
        3 Public Primary Certification Authority" that comes with the Digital
        Certificate Manager expired on Jan 7th, 2004.

        I'm trying to figure out how to update it to a new one, and I'm getting
        nowhere!  Has anyone solved this problem?

        I've found that IBM has the problem posted in their "Flashes" page for
IBM
        HTTP server.  Here's a link:

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=177&context=SSEQTJ&q1=verisign+ca&uid=swg21156795&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en+en

        But, much to my irritation, there are no instructions for the iSeries!

        I've also found more information from VeriSign at this link:
        http://www.verisign.com/support/vendors/exp-gsid-ssl.html

        I've downloaded the certificate from VeriSign and imported it, but the
        Digital Certificate Manager complains that this new certificate is also
not
        valid -- despite the fact that the DCM itself says it's valid until
2011!

        This leads me to believe that there's another certificate, a root
        certificate, which is also expired, or that theres more steps to do in
        getting the new certificate to work.  But, I haven't been able to find
out
        any information.

        help!  Does anyone have a link to a page that explains what I need to
do?
        Has anyone solved this problem?

        Thanks