Hi Trevor

I it remotely possible to get company policy changed ? Ending those jobs is likely to create more issues than fighting the policy. If you end them then the services they are providing will be terminated. Have you tried manually ending the jobs to see who screams ? If you won't can't manually kill them then ending them in some other automated fashion won't work either.

A strategy I have used in the past is to not to have the policy overturned, but to have it amended to include an exceptions list audited by a manager or some other non-critical resource on a regular basis. You could then get these programs on the list.

Maybe this is a better approach in this instance

Regards
Evan Harris

This started out because a customer has Lawson - they have batch jobs which
are used to connect to a client. Company policy dictates that if a job is
idle for a period of time, it should be ended. These batch jobs are in some
wait state - where they are waiting for a client request. I do not know any
more detail than that. I do not have the CL and I cannot retrieve it. Lawson
do not have a way to end these jobs - even with some cancel message (of
course they should).