"Ken Sims" <mr3111@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4.3.2.7.2.20040109132615.00aeb650@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Unless you are just passing the port 80 packets through untouched except
> accept or reject each packet, what you want is NOT ip forwarding nor ip
> filtering.

I don't really want the front end system to do anything other than pass HTTP
traffic from an "Internet NIC" to an "internal NIC" - both on the front end
system.  Does this sound anywhere near "normal"?

> As I mentioned in a previous message, if you want the first iSeries to
> actually read the HTTP request and then pass it on to the second iSeries
> (possibly after doing some validation or something), then it is acting as
> proxy.

What kind of validation do you have in mind?  We're attempting to take an
existing intranet site on a production system and make it available on the
Internet without directly connecting the production system to the Internet.
How would *you* do this?

Thanks for your input,

Steve