Last time I saw a system take that long was a 170 with the battery on the raid controller dead. WRKDSKSTS then F11 showed the drives as degraded. My local area IBM techs have been telling me now for awhile that we shouldn't do a pwrdwnsys *immed by itself. Things work better they say by doing a controlled with a timeout of say 30secs. Anyone care to comment?

rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

How long should one wait on a SRC D90027C0 before switching to manual mode and doing a power down immediate?

On an 840-23EA we have three partitions. We did a PWRDWNSYS *IMMED RESTART(*NO) on one of the partitions. According to the STRSST it was displaying SRC D90027C0 for about two hours. According to:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/index.htm?info/rzamf/rzamfiplsrcfinder.htm
D90027C0 means "System jobs are ending".
At that time we used STRSST on the controlling partition to change that partition to manual, Did a power down immediately, then changed it back to normal. Then on the controlling partition we did a PWRDWNSYS *IMMED RESTART(*YES). Upon completion of the IPL on the controlling partition, we used STRSST to IPL the secondary partition.

Kirk Goins CCNA
Systems Engineer, Manage Inc.
IBM Certified iSeries Solutions Expert
IBM Certified iSeries e-Business Infrastructure
IBM Certified Designing IBM e-business Solutions Office 503-353-1721 x106 Cell 503-577-9519
kirkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx www.manageinc.com