First of all, thanks to all for the ICF PDF references.  I found it under
the supplemental manuals part of the InfoCenter.

    In my experience - which is somewhat aged - The error
    message CPF4768 means that your icf file does not have
    sufficient record length to accept the date the other
    system is sending...

    Is this a new process?  Has it been running and just quit?

Thanks Rick.  We've been running similar processes for years with many
clients.  This particular client changed banks, and we were told to expect
a record length of 80, instead of 256, which is what all of our other
clients' banks use.  None of us are comm wizzes here, as these
applications were written several years ago by someone who is no longer
here.

So, my next step is to try going back to 256 and see where that takes us.

The other thing I've been told to take note of, but no one seems to know
how important it is (if at all), is that we are communicating to a
"software front-end" on the bank's side, as opposed to a "direct connect"
like we normally do.

Please consider my call for help still standing.

TIA, GA