Greg this might be something you may be interested in...

Bill H

Martin Rowe <martin@xxxxxxxxxx>
12/05/2003 03:24 AM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion

        To:     "Midrange-L" <Midrange-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Finding reason for high temp storage maximum

On Thursday 04 December 2003 20:38, ouuch@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On 4 Dec 2003 at 18:03, Martin Rowe wrote:
> > We have lots problems with these sort of jobs, so I wrote this -
> > http://www.dbg400.net/download/extras/CHKTMPSTG.txt - to help
> > pinpoint them. It's a simple RPGLE program that lists jobs using over
> > 50Mb temp storage. I've put in a background job[1] now, that
> > automatically holds jobs using over a preset amount of temp storage,
> > as we had a rogue SQL job use over 30Gb recently (which did push us
> > over 90% DASD).
>
> Absolutely lovely. Will be first thing tomorrow I'll compile and
> adjust. You're a champ!

Hope you like it :) The background monitor that can take pre-emptive
action is now on my site - http://www.dbg400.net/extras.html#dasdmon

Regards, Martin
--
martin@xxxxxxxxxx  AIM/Gaim: DBG400dotNet  http://www.dbg400.net   /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open    \ /