Murali, can you find out what controls the creation of YPROF? Is it on your iSeries box that it is created? Then use the same process. Someone had to have written it - it's not a standard part of OS/400. Is it controlled by something like ROBOT job scheduler? Or were you the one that had a customer with Advanced Job Scheduler? Maybe something in there controls it. Use the same mechanism. Maybe there is an API. ROBOT has functions you can call to check these things against their internal objects. No point in reinventing the wheel, eh?

No magic bullet that I know of. Holidays vary according to the policies of your customer. Every company can have a different set. There are some rules for them, maybe, that you could use. Easter is relative to some solar or lunar events, I think. Thanksgiving is Thursday of a certain week in November.

One method is to have a file with the holidays in it - perhaps year and day-number in the year (kind of *JUL format), then figure out whether the day you test is in that file - there are CEE* APIs for dates that could do this, maybe even something in RPG. SQL has DAYOFYEAR, I think. This file could be generated by rule, if you can find out what they are, at year-end or at program initialization; or entered by the customer according to their requirements - Help Systems' ROBOT has those calendar kinds of things that can be applied to different jobs.

Good luck
Vern