While doing some research yesterday, I was surprised to
see the 9406-270 is over as of 11/23/03. The replacement
is listed as a 9406-800. All things must come to an end.

What ever happened to the 250 ???? That was a real small
and reasonably priced machine for small business and using
the "new & improved" Sales Manual, I find no reference to
it at all.

While trying to use the new manual, I discovered that it
won't accept a search on a model # like 9406-270. I found
that odd and sent a message to the folks that support that
site. I was told that you HAD to put all(any) search in
" " since it was a alpha search only and didn't accept any
special characters(like 9406-270) the "-".

I sent a note back pointing out that 9406-270 was a very
normal way to describe a computer system even within IBM.

The response was that the next release would fix this little
teeny,tiny problem.

One other problem involved Netscape.... The browser brings up
the web site but NONE of the searches or inquiries will work.
Here is the response I got back on that problem.

It looks like Netscape is the problem here.  Our site is compatible with
some versions of Netscape, but it doesn't seem to like this newer version.

I will let the developers know of this problem; but as Netscape is not one of IBM's preferred browsers, it may be a little while before someone can be assigned to work this problem.

I understand your frustration with the double quotes. Response from users such as yourself have encouraged our recent renovation plans. As mentioned before, this double quotes restriction will be removed from our site during our next upgrade (which you should see before the end of this month.)

Regards,
OI Feedback

Worldwide Offering Information Team
I have requested a list of the "preferred browsers" and will share
that with everybody when I get it.

I'm still trying to picture the quality assurance and testing that
went into a web site used "world wide".

Nobody thought to test an IBM product number in the
search routine ????

Is Bill Gates in charge of IBM now ???