From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 6:23 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: TCP/IP Question(s)

I would suggest you make sure that the Ethernet lines on the different
systems do not have the same Local Adapter Address.
Leave Loopback at 127.0.0.1 on both systems.
WRKRDBDIRE - are the names the same?
If using APPN (SNA) WRKCFGL and see if both systems have a Local entry
with same name.

Neil Palmer      DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada.                 OS/400~~~~~
Phone:(519) 653-1027        ____________          ___  ~
Cell.:(416) 565-1682        |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Pager:(416) 501-1682        |__________|_|______|_|______)
mailto:NeilP@xxxxxxxxxxx     oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
http://www.DPSlink.com       IBM iSeries   The Ultimate eServer

"Chuck Lewis" <clewis@xxxxxxxxxx>
2003/11/25 14:30
Please respond to

"midrange-l" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
TCP/IP Question(s)

Hi Folks,

We switched from a 620 to an 810 several months ago. We were/are running
TCP/IP. I want to get the 620 back on the wire to do some stuff but I
don't
want to knock anything down on the 810 when I do this. And of course I set
this all up on the 620 five years ago and have no idea how I did it <BG>.
All of the TCP/IP stuff was migrated from the 620 to the 810. So I renamed
the Ethernet line and got rid of the Host Table Entries for the remote
controllers. And I changed the system name on the 620 to CHUCK

My question(s):

(1) on Work with TCP/IP Interfaces on the 810 I see:

      Internet         Subnet              Line      Line

      Address          Mask             Description  Type

     127.0.0.1        255.0.0.0        *LOOPBACK    *NONE

     172.16.10.11     255.255.255.0    ETHERNET01   *ELAN

and on the 620:

      Internet         Subnet              Line      Line

      Address          Mask             Description  Type

     127.0.0.2        255.0.0.0        *LOOPBACK    *NONE

     172.16.10.81     255.255.255.0    ETHERNET02   *ELAN

So that all appears to be redone for no interference, correct ?

On Work with TCP/IP Routes I see:

      Route            Subnet           Next             Preferred

      Destination      Mask             Hop              Interface

     *DFTROUTE        *NONE            172.16.10.1      *NONE

     172.16.9.0       255.255.255.0    172.16.10.3      *NONE

For both systems. 172.16.10.1 is a frame router and 172.16.10.3 is a
firewall.

On Work with TCP/IP Host Table Entries on the 810 I have:

     Internet         Host

Opt  Address          Name

     127.0.0.1        LOOPBACK

                      LOCALHOST

     And a bunch of entries for all of the remote sites...

      172.16.10.11     AS400.LEESUPPLY.NET

and on the 620:

      Internet         Host

      Address          Name

     127.0.0.1        LOOPBACK

                      LOCALHOST

172.16.10.81     AS400_2.LEESUPPLY.NET

And I'm not sure what else to check...

The LOOPBACK deals aren't different - do they need to be unique between
systems.

Comments welcome :-)

Chuck