Hi,

I should have been more clear.  I was making two points:

1.    ENDSBS *ALL *IMMED does the job fine from IBM's perspective.

2     IBM reissues the command not to make it work faster, but to determine
when they achieve a restricted state.  Looking for the message in QSYSOPR
or QHST is unreliable and difficult to do.   Instead, IBM just issues the
command, looking to see if the get the CPF1035 escape message.  When they
no longer get the message they know that they achieved a restricted state.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com

             Jim Damato
             <jdamato@dollarge
             neral.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  "'Midrange Systems Technical
             midrange-l-bounce         Discussion'"
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             11/24/2003 04:04                                      Subject
             PM                        RE: Ending TCP/IP, FTP jobs in
                                       QSYSWRK

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

We're not running SAVE menu option 21.  We've set up custom procedures so
that we can break up the SAVLIB *NONSYS portion of the full save and split
it out to three 3590's.  We execute ENDSBS *ALL *IMMED then the operators
wait for the restricted state before continuing on with various SAV*
commands.  According to QHST these QTFTPxxxxx jobs take 25 - 90 minutes to
end.

I'm not sure what you're saying.  Would repeated ENDSBS *ALL *IMMED
commands
bring down the jobs in QSYSWRK any faster than the single execution we're
performing?

-Jim