From: Al Barsa [mailto:barsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 2:57 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Ending TCP/IP, FTP jobs in QSYSWRK

GO SAVE option 21, sits in a loop issuing the ENDSBS *ALL *IMMED command.
It issues it every "n" seconds (last time I looked it was 15, but that was
many releases ago), and then re-issues the same command.  On the re-issue,
it monitors for CPF1035, and when it doesn't get that message, it knows
that the system has achieved a restricted state, and goes for the SAVSYS.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com

What's the best way to bring down the system for IPL or full system save?
We've been running ENDSBS *ALL *IMMED, but we've had intermittent problems
with TCP/IP jobs in QSYSWRK taking forever to end.  Occasionally some
QTFTPxxxxx jobs will hang on for an hour and a half (or more).

I was thinking of trying ENDTCP OPTION(*IMMED) ENDSVR(*YES) or ENDTCPSVR
SERVER(*FTP) or ENDTCPSVR SERVER(*ALL) before our ENDSBS *ALL.  We don't
have a lot of opportunities to experiment, so I thought I'd ask around.

Much thanks in advance...

-Jim

James P. Damato
Manager - Technical Administration