According to the DSPLY, the date of the Monday of the Third week of 2004
is 01/12/2004.  Is that correct?

Search for WEEK_ISO at
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/index.htm?info/db2/rbafzmstscale.htm

Benjamin Franklin

rob@xxxxxxxxx
11/24/2003 11:09 AM
Please respond to

cc

Fax to

Subject
Re: How to get the corresponding Monday's Date given a week.

Does this work?

      /DEFINE HSpec
      /INCLUDE ROUTINES/QRPGLESRC,HSPEC
      /UNDEFINE HSpec

      * Program:      *
      *      *
      *      *
      * Modification log:      *
      * mm/dd/02 by R.Berendt, CCP    Group Dekko Services, LLC      *
      *          Created.      *
      *      *
      * Compilation instructions:      *
      *   (no special instructions this time.)      *
      *      *

      /DEFINE DSpec

     D MonDate         s               d
     D WorkDate        s               d
     D WorkDateA       s             10a
     D Week            s              5i 0 inz(3)
     D Year            s              4a   inz('2004')
     D WorkDay         s              5i 0
     D WorkWeek        s              5i 0

      /UNDEFINE DSpec

     C/EXEC SQL
     C+ Set Option
     C+     Naming    = *Sys,
     C+     Commit    = *None,
     C+     UsrPrf    = *User,
     C+     DynUsrPrf = *User,
     C+     CloSqlCsr = *EndMod
     C/END-EXEC
      /free
       WorkDateA='01/01/' + Year;
       WorkDate=%date(WorkDateA:*usa);
      /end-free
     C/EXEC SQL
     C+ Set :WorkDay=DAYOFWEEK_ISO(:WorkDate)
     C/END-EXEC
     C/EXEC SQL
     C+ Set :WorkWeek=WEEK_ISO(:WorkDate)
     C/END-EXEC
      // In ISO, Monday = 1.
      /free
       If WorkDay<>1;
         Select;
         When WorkWeek<3;
           WorkDate=WorkDate + %Days(1-WorkDay);
         When WorkWeek>50;
           WorkDate=WorkDate + %Days(8 - WorkDay);
         EndSl;
       EndIf;
       DoU WorkWeek<51;
      /end-free
     C/EXEC SQL
     C+ Set :WorkWeek=WEEK_ISO(:WorkDate)
     C/END-EXEC
      // Read the specs, jan 1 may be in the previous year according to
ISO
      /free
         If WorkWeek>51;
           WorkDate=WorkDate + %Days(7);
         EndIf;
       EndDo;
       If WorkWeek<>Week;
         WorkDate=WorkDate + %days(7 * (Week - WorkWeek));
       EndIf;
       dsply WorkDate;
       *inLr=*on;
       Return;
      /end-free

Benjamin Franklin

Chandra Sekhar Rath <ChandraRS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
11/24/2003 07:46 AM
Please respond to

MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Fax to

Subject
How to get the corresponding Monday's Date given a week.

Hi Group,

In my application the user would be entering the number of the week.I.e if
he enters 03 , then i would like to get Monday's date(Any format) for 3rd
week of  2003.i.e the current year(What ever is the current year)

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and regards
Chandra Sekhar Rath