On Sunday 23 November 2003 12:58, Andy Nolen-Parkhouse wrote:
> Martin,
>
> This is just a shot in the dark, but is it possible that due to some
> configuration glitch the traffic is traveling over your network and not
> through the bus?  Is this something you've checked?

It'd have a hard job - the virtual LAN is the only active link at present.
The other cards (token ring & Gigabit ethernet) have nothing connected to
them. There are also dedicated LAN console cards hooked up to our
network, but they don't appear in any of the defined routes or host table
entries. Nothing outside of the vLAN can be pinged from the LPARs in
question. I'll ask our BP about it tomorrow, as they've set it up.

The reason I'm doing this is because we tend to use SAVRSTOBJ a lot, and
that doesn't work over the vLAN as SNA is required[1]. A couple of LPARs
will still have token ring, but the rest won't. I've put together an FTP
based equivalent that's faster than the token ring on our current system,
but it seems way short of the speeds I'd expect.

Regards, Martin
[1] Or having the OptiConnect LICPGM installed, which means more cost :(
--
martin@xxxxxxxxxx  AIM/Gaim: DBG400dotNet  http://www.dbg400.net   /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open    \ /