De : midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de rob@xxxxxxxxx
Envoyé : vendredi 21 novembre 2003 10:26
À : Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Objet : RE; runrmtcmd and V5R2

If you want to order them via the internet, have a high speed connection

and want to ftp them down you can via:
http://as400service.rochester.ibm.com/p_dir/ptforder.nsf

You can also order them on media from that same site and it will come
Airborne or whatever is applicable to your geography.

You'll have to have an account.

You can still order them from your iSeries with SNDPTFORD:

The ptf's you'll want to order are:
SF99520 - cume
SF99519 - will send one with cume automatically
SF99502 - will send one with cume automatically
Strongly recommend, and will NOT come with cume automatically, that you
view the following web site and pick any other groups applicable to your

situation:
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/sline003.NSF/GroupPTFs?OpenView&view=GroupP
TFs

By the way, your business partner is incompetent.  Or 'perhaps there was
miscommunication'.  The last few releases IBM has started to
automatically
ship a cume, hiper and DB group along with the masters.  However they
were
separate disks and needed to be applied via GO PTF and didn't just
magically appear.  IBM may have stopped this policy due to the long
delay
many customers did in between ordering the media and actually applying
the
media.  IBM wants you to use a more current cume than one a year or so
out.

Benjamin Franklin

"Eric PANISSARD" <epanissard@xxxxxx>
11/21/2003 02:14 PM
Please respond to

"'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE : RE : RE : RE : runrmtcmd and V5R2

I confirm, the first PTF I see is RE03212 for the 5722999
You scared me too. We have in plane all our customers from V4R5 to V5R2
(about 30 AS400). This one was the first one.
When we received the CD I noticed there is no PTF inside (for all of
them) but the local IBM agency told me : now all PTF are pre-loaded on
the masters CD... It seems wrong and it doesn't surprise me because
people in the local IBM agency are not really up to date...
Any way if you can explain me how to order a CUM it will be great. I did
that in the past through the AS400 but I think now it is an Internet
procedure...
Sometime it's not so easy to be in Tahiti and keep contact with the real
world... but the weather is sweet...

Much thanks for your help,

Eric PANISSARD
Informatique De Tahiti